AS RISKY NARRATIVES EMERGE AND TAKE HOLD ONLINE, COMMUNICATIONS AND INSIGHTS TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ABLE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
Get alerted about important narratives that could impact brand reputation hours/days before they move into the mainstream.
Know the group(s) targeting your brand, originating viral narratives, and leveraging their influence to spread content online.
Is it authentic?
Know if a narrative is spreading organically or if it’s being manipulated via automated accounts, astroturfing, brigading or other tactics used by agenda-driven groups online.
How much risk
Get a simple snapshot of the level of risk in a narrative so your team can make quick, confident triage decisions each day.
What will happen next?
Have a projected view of where the narrative is likely to spread next based on the behavior patterns and influence networks of the groups involved.
What action should we take?
Use insights to determine whether to escalate, ignore, or simply monitor an issue. Avoid inadvertently amplifying false or damaging narratives.
“One of the things Yonder has helped us the most with is contextualizing information in the moment.
Everyone has a feel for what’s a lot of mentions on Twitter… but this is a whole new space and you have to be fast. You’re never going to have ALL the information to make the decision, but you have to have the RIGHT information, quickly, in order to move… in a few hours, it could be too late.”
— Daniel Neal, Director of Media Analytics & Insights, AT&T
RISK INTELLIGENCE FILLS ANALYTIC GAPS THAT LEAVE COMMUNICATIONS, POLICY, AND AGENCY TEAMS MAKING ASSUMPTIONS AND USING THEIR GUT TO MANAGE RISK AND MAKE TOUGH CALLS.
- Fringe Web Monitoring. Access the most comprehensive monitoring of fringe and non-mainstream social platforms and influential groups.
- Emerging Narrative Detection. Discern signal from noise to get early insight into emerging narratives and events before they go viral.
- Faction Engagement. Know who’s really behind an online conversation, and understand their agenda and sphere of influence.
- Narrative Authenticity. Understand whether a narrative is authentic or being manipulated, as well as tactics being used to make it spread.
- Narrative Trajectory. See the groups and posts that have been driving a narrative, and understand where it may go next.
- Risk Score. Use a straightforward risk impact score to manage daily triaging of priorities and decisions on whether to act…or not.
- Recommendations & Scenario Planning. Use data-backed insights to drive proactive scenario planning and align your leadership team.
- Intelligence In Your Inbox. Get summary and deep-dive intelligence delivered directly to your team’s inbox in a presentation-ready format.